Advising, supporting, educating at more than 490 centres throughout Germany: the Jugendmigrationsdienste (JMD) assist young people with a migration background aged between 12 and 27 with their integration process in Germany.
Individual support, professional advice, group and educational courses as well as effective networking in schools and training organisations are among the important tasks. The focuses are on linguistic, educational, professional and social integration.
The Jugendmigrationsdienste help young people find their feet in Germany. Whether it’s with problems at school, looking for an apprenticeship or formality issues: JMDs accompany young migrants on their journey. Professionally and free of charge with a variety of services and in different languages.
- Children, teenagers and young adults with a migration background aged between 12 and 27
- Parents of children and young people with a migration background, particularly in issues regarding their children’s education/training
- Initiatives and institutions that are relevant for the integration process of young migrants, including anyone in the young people’s living environment
- To improve the chances of integration (linguistic, social, educational and professional integration)
- To promote equal opportunities
- To encourage participation in all areas of social, cultural and political life